Located in Spring Run is the Upper Path Valley Presbyterian Church which was built in 1856. A monument to the valley's Civil War dead was dedicated just after the war in the churchyard and it lists the names of all those who perished by unit. It is now a part of the church's prayer garden and many of the men who are named on the monument are buried just on the other side of the road in the Spring Run Cemetery. Interestingly the monument has the names of men who were not just killed or died during the war years, but several who died as a result of wounds or disease after their enlistments ended and they returned home. Below are a few pictures from Spring Run, which is a beautiful historic town with many old homes and structures.
|The Upper Path Valley Presbyterian Church built in 1856|
|Civil War Monument in the church yard|
|East face of the monument|
|North face of the monument|
|West face of the monument|
|South face of the monument|
|The grave of Private James M. Wilson of the often |
forgotten 19th Pennsylvania Cavalry. He died shortly
after enlisting in 1864.
|The grave of Sergeant Franklin Gamble of Company K, 21st|
PA Cavalry who died after returning home as a result of wounds
suffered at Petersburg, Virginia during the initial assaults in
June of 1864.